Silverfish are nuisance pests that no homeowner wants to deal with. Silverfish pest control in Lincoln is the most effective way to defeat the silverfish menace crawling around your property.
Understanding Silverfish: Behavior, Habitat, And Life Cycle
When it comes to defeating infestations of silverfish in Lincoln, it’s essential to understand their behavior, preferred habitat, and life cycle, as all of these items play a role in understanding how to defeat a silverfish infestation and keep this pest away for good.
Silverfish love to gather in dark, damp areas, and moisture is the biggest draw for these insects as they look for somewhere to live. They will emerge from these dark, moist areas to chew their way through starchy items, and female silverfish will lay their eggs around these areas. It takes between four to six weeks for a silverfish to move from the stage of egg, to nymph, to adult, and all life stages of silverfish must be removed if you wish to fully defeat an infestation.
Property Damage Alert: How Silverfish Can Harm Your Home
While silverfish aren’t the most dangerous pest to host around your home, they are very destructive, and infestations of silverfish might lead to significant property damage. Silverfish love to chew through fabrics, starchy items, and stored food, and an infestation of silverfish crawling around your property leads to more serious problems over time. When silverfish chew through your stored items and fabrics, they leave them damaged, full of eggs, and in need of sometimes costly repairs.
Getting rid of silverfish from around your home is essential if you want to stop property damage and prevent the potentially contaminated food that silverfish often cause.
Creating A Silverfish-Proof Home: Essential Prevention Steps
Implementing silverfish prevention steps is essential if you want to totally silverfish-proof your home and ensure that these pests don’t create major problems on your property. Follow our expert steps below to keep silverfish out:
- Seal any cracks around your property’s foundation, windows, and doors, as this will keep your interior areas free of silverfish.
- Make sure window and door screens are unbroken and utilize door sweeps and weather stripping where possible to keep silverfish out.
- Eliminate all leaks and drainage problems that might be contributing to moisture issues outside and inside.
- Use dehumidifiers where possible to stop a build-up of excess moisture around interior areas.
- Store items in plastic boxes with tight-fitting lids so silverfish can’t scavenge around these areas and chew on the items inside.
- Clear outdoor areas of debris piles, organic matter, woodpiles, and overgrown foliage, as all of these items might contribute to shaded, moist, and dark areas for silverfish to hide around.
If you have any more questions about silverfish prevention or if you need assistance with silverfish removal, contact Pro Active Pest Control today.
Professional Silverfish Extermination: When To Call In The Experts
Silverfish are problematic pests, and it’s time to look for a silverfish exterminator near you when you start noticing these insects gathering around your property. The longer you wait to treat a silverfish infestation, the more problems you are likely to have, including contaminated food and property damage.
For professional home pest control you can count on, call in our expert team from Pro Active Pest Control. We work with you to understand your silverfish problem and treat it appropriately, so you don’t need to worry about silverfish taking over your property.
Contact Pro Active Pest Control today to learn more about our silverfish control methods and how we can help you protect your Lincoln home from these insects.