Spiders in Queens Creek can be difficult to keep out. But at Pro Active Pest Control, we know what does the trick. We also offer commercial & residential pest control, rodent control, bed bug control, and more. We're your go-to Queen Creek pest control company, and we look forward to helping you get rid of your spider issue.
Why Do I Have A Spider Problem?
Spiders in Queen Creek enter your home in search of two things: food and shelter. They can get inside through cracks in your foundation, gaps around your windows, or under your doors. They may also come into your home if your window or door screens are torn.
Spiders eat other insects, so if you have a spider problem, it's likely you have another insect problem as well. Flies, cockroaches, ants, earwigs, house centipedes, or silverfish may also be infesting your home.
If you want to get rid of spiders in your house, you will have to eliminate their food source and access points first. Otherwise, you'll just get more spiders moving in with you. Pro Active Pest Control can help you get rid of the other insects while we help eliminate the spiders.
Spider Bites Can Be Dangerous
Most Arizona spiders are harmless, if scary looking. Wolf spiders and tarantulas are the stuff of arachnophobes' nightmares. However, the black widow spider is the only spider in the area that you really need to watch out for. They're shiny black, with round abdomens and a red hourglass shape on their bellies.
Black widow spiders are the most dangerous spiders in the U.S. Their bites can cause severe muscle cramps, sweating, nausea, vomiting, fever, and tremors, in addition to the red, sore location of the bite. If left untreated, black widow spider bites can result in severe illness or even death, especially in children and the elderly.
Five Easy Tips To Prevent Future Spider Infestations
All types of spiders can infest your Queen Creek home.
Here are five simple ways to prevent spiders from coming inside:
- Seal up your house. Fill in cracks in your foundation. Close up gaps around your windows and doors. Install door sweeps on every exterior door. Check your soffit and roofline for any openings, and make sure they're secured. Look at where your utility lines and pipes enter your home and use caulking to seal any gaps.
- Spiders enjoy making their home in piles of wood, rocks, or brush. Clean up your yard of rock piles, yard debris, and fallen branches. Move your firewood at least 20 feet away from your home and put it on a riser that will keep it six inches or more off the ground. This helps prevent other pests, as well as spiders. Check your firewood before bringing it into the house to ensure you're not bringing spiders inside with the wood.
- Spiders also enjoy hiding in clutter inside your home. Make sure your basement, closets, and attic are clutter-free. The more organized your spaces are, the fewer hiding spots there will be for spiders.
- Swap your outdoor white light bulbs with yellow ones. Yellow bulbs attract fewer insects. The fewer insects you have gathering around your house, the fewer spiders that will be attracted to your home.
- Partner with a professional pest control company like Pro Active Pest Control to apply products to your home and yard that will keep spiders away from your Queen Creek home.
Whether you are looking to deter spiders before they start or get rid of an active infestation, Pro Active Pest Control can help.
The Key To Total Spider Control For Queen Creek Homes
If you need to know how to get rid of spiders in your house, all you need to do is reach out to Pro Active Pest Control. We offer free quotes on spider removal services. We make a point to employ only products that are safe for you, your family, and your pets. Our state-certified pest specialists are highly trained and will treat your family like their own. Contact us today for your free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Queen Creek.