If you're like most Mesa homeowners, you probably don't want wasps buzzing around your yard. Not only are they annoying, but they can also be dangerous if they sting you or your family members.
Their stings can cause skin irritation or swelling, depending on the individual. What's more, the irritating buzzing is unpleasant to the ear. Don't take wasp control into your hands, as you may worsen the situation. Call a Mesa pest control professional for quick and effective wasp extermination.
Common Types Of Wasps Found In Mesa
You can find many different kinds of wasps in Mesa, but the most common ones are:
- Paper wasps - a paper wasp is brown with yellow markings on its head and has a narrow waist with smoky-black wings that fold lengthwise when they're at rest.
- Mud dauber wasps - black or metallic-blue and thread-waisted, these wasps build nests comprising of mud tubes.
- Yellow jackets - they have a distinctive black-and-yellow color with completely black antennae.
- Potter wasps - they create mud pots in crevices where they lay their eggs.
- Scoliid wasps - they're blue-black with blackish-purple wings. They also have yellow stripes on each side of their abdomen.
- Sand wasps - as the name suggests, they dig their way into the ground and out of sight in seconds. They're pretty solitary.
Each wasp can be deadly and won't react well to threats. You're safer calling professional pest control for wasp nest removal in Mesa when you see any of them on your property.
Some Wasps Can Be Dangerously Aggressive
While some species of wasps are more docile, others can be quite aggressive when they sense a threat – particularly regarding their nests. Such wasps are very territorial. Worker wasps shield the queen wasp, her eggs, and the nests from danger and will sting a potential threat in swarms until it retreats.
Don't try wasp removal yourself if you see the insects on your property, as this will only provoke them.
Five Environmentally-Friendly Wasp Prevention Tips
While there are countless ways to eradicate wasps, the most effective and long-lasting pest control solution is to keep them from invading your property. Here are five wasp prevention suggestions for doing just that:
- Keep food and drinks covered when outdoors.
- Don't leave garbage lying around.
- Keep your yard clean.
- Seal any cracks or crevices on the exterior of your home.
- Avoid wearing fragrances or using scented products that can attract wasps.
Each of these wasp prevention tips can help reduce wasps on your property and protect you from being stung.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Wasp Infestation In Your Yard
Only a professional wasp exterminator in Mesa like Pro Active Pest Control guarantees you a wasp-free yard. We're a family-owned business in Arizona that has been serving residents in the area and the neighboring locations for over five years.
We pride ourselves on using eco-friendly solutions and modern equipment. Our experienced and state-certified technicians will know how to handle the situation and safely remove the wasps from your property without putting you or your family in danger.
Our simple yet effective treatment plan begins with a thorough inspection of your yard. Our technicians will look around for wasps and their nests before creating a personalized treatment plan to eliminate them.
We'll spray them, destroy their nests, and make recommendations on how to make your property less appealing to these dangerous pests. We perform regular follow-up visits and can re-treat your home for free if the critters show up in-between visits. Contact us today for an unmatched wasp control service.