There's nothing that can turn a day sour quite like finding signs of a rodent infestation in your Lincoln home. When you notice signs of rodents on your property, there is no time to waste, and the best solution is to begin working with Lincoln pest control professionals. Rodents are dangerous pests that threaten your health, safety, property, and sanity. Dealing with an infestation can be one of the hardest tasks a homeowner will face.
Common Types Of Home-Invading Rodents In Lincoln
There are many different types of rodents living in Lincoln, but the three that are most likely to invade your home are house mice, Norway rats, and roof rats. Here's what you should know about each of these pests.
- House Mice: House mice are small rodents that nest in dark, secluded areas within our homes. They can fit through openings as small as a dime and are typically dusty gray with cream-colored bellies, large ears, and long tails.
- Norway Rats: Also known as brown rats, Norway rats are larger home-invading rodents. They are more likely to burrow into the ground floors or basement levels of our homes. They are primarily brown with a gray or white underside and a heavy body that can grow to be over nine inches long.
- Roof Rats: These rats are smaller and also known as black rats or ship rats. As their name implies, they are skilled climbers and often enter homes through attic spaces. They are brown or black and sometimes have a lighter underbelly. Their bodies grow to be six to eight inches long with an additional six to eight inch long scaly tail.
No matter what type of rodent you have in your Lincoln home, trouble is sure to follow them.
All The Problems Rodents Can Create In Your House
Whether you have mice or rats inside your home, you are in for a triple threat. Rodents cause health issues, damage property, and are challenging infestations to eliminate.
- Health Issues: Rodents are dangerous pests that spread a variety of illnesses, including hantavirus, tularemia, salmonellosis, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, and more. They are also commonly infested with disease-carrying parasites like fleas and ticks, which can spread to your family and pets.
- Property Damage: Regardless of the species, rodents have strong jaws and an insatiable need to chew. They will destroy everything from building materials to personal belongings and even plumbing and electrical lines. When they nest in your home, rodents also soil the area with urine and feces that can be challenging to remove.
- Infestations: Rodents are intelligent pests that are hard to catch and quick to reproduce. Infestations can quickly get out of hand and be challenging to eliminate.
If you are struggling with a rodent infestation in Lincoln, professional rodent pest control may be the answer.
Why DIY Rodent Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
When you notice signs of rats on your property, you are likely to wonder how to get rid of rats in your house fast. This can lead a lot of homeowners to rush to the store for DIY rodent control options. Unfortunately, more often than not, this is a waste of both time and money. Most DIY methods will be effective against a handful of rodents but stop short of eliminating the entire infestation. So unless you've caught the signs early enough, rodent populations will simply continue to rebuild, leaving you in an endless loop of rodent elimination.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rodents And Keep Them Out
The better way to approach rodent control in Lincoln is with professional help from Pro Active Pest Control. Our services include an initial service visit and inspection, professional treatments and monitoring, guaranteed exclusion, professional clean-out, and follow-up services. When you partner with Pro Active Pest Control, you can be assured that your rodent problem is solved for good. Stop the cycle of rodent infestations by calling Pro Active Pest Solutions today.