Rodents make up the largest groups of mammals and live worldwide. While most species live well away from people in rainforests, deserts, and heavily wooded areas, several species of rodents have adapted to living near or with people.
Mice and rats are rodents that most people are familiar with because they commonly find their way to our properties. Though these rodents may feel comfortable living with us, we don’t feel the same, and for good reason!
Rodents pose significant dangers to people and our property. Acquiring professional rodent control in Queen Creek is essential to keeping these pests away from you, your family, and your property.
Signs Of Rodent Activity: How To Detect A Problem Early
Removing uninvited Queen Creek rodents from your property as quickly as possible is essential to limit the damage and problems the different types of rodents living in our area can cause.
The following list includes things to look for as they can indicate a rodent problem:
- Noises: Rodents are nocturnal. When rodents are in our homes, it is common to hear scratching or running sounds behind walls or above ceilings, especially at night.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents wear down their continuously growing front incisors by constantly gnawing on objects they come across. When rodents are in a home, it is common to find gnaw markings on cabinets, furniture, trim, or food containers.
- Droppings: Rodents produce dark droppings that look like grains of rice. They will leave trails and piles of droppings along walls and in cabinets, drawers, and closets as they travel through your home.
- Odors: Wherever rodents are nesting in your home, there will be a build-up of collected food, urine, and feces. A noticeable foul, musty smell will likely develop around their nesting sites.
If you ever have an inkling that these pests have found their way into your home, contact Pro Active Pest Control to quickly and thoroughly eliminate the rodent infestation.
The Rodent Menace: Understanding The Threat Of Uninvited Guests
When talking about common household pests, the first thing that comes to most people’s minds is how annoying they are to deal with. However, rodents are much more than an annoyance or inconvenience. They pose significant threats to our families, stored food, and personal belongings. Furthermore, rodents carry and spread parasites, bacteria, and disease-causing pathogens.
Things like short circuits and fires can also result from a rodent infestation. Rodents will chew through wires and damage electrical equipment. Being proactive when it comes to rodents like mice and rats is the best way to guard your home and family from the threats these pests pose.
Rodent-Proof Your Home: Essential Steps To Keep Unwanted Guests Away
By now, you probably understand that you need to keep rodents away from your Queen Creek property. The question you probably now have is, “How do I keep rodents away from my home?”
To help answer this question, we have put together a quick overview of essential steps to keep rodents away:
- Never prop open your home's exterior doors or windows.
- Keep tight-fitting caps on your home’s chimneys and screens over vents.
- Repair foundation gaps, loose shingles, and damaged siding.
- Remove trash from your home regularly and place it outside in containers with locking lids until the trash pick-up day.
- Thoroughly and regularly clean your home’s kitchen, pantry, and dining areas.
- Store your family’s food in airtight containers or the refrigerator.
While implementing the above tips is not a guarantee of keeping rodents out of your home, they will go a long way in helping you maintain a rodent-free home.
Professional Rodent Control: Why Expertise Matters
The best way to address a rodent problem is to contact the Queen Creek rodent control experts at Pro Active Pest Control. Though DIY rodent control products are advertised as effective and fast-acting, they are often a waste of your time and money; when it comes to rodent control, experience and knowledge matter.
The best way to remove rodents from your property and ensure they won’t feel welcome to return is with the help of Pro Active Pest Control. We will first perform an inspection to understand better your property and the rodent infestation you are experiencing. We then provide treatment to remove the invading rodents.
Please call today to learn more or schedule an inspection for your home.