If you need reliable pest control in Elk Grove, look no further than our professional team of technicians. Here at Pro Active Pest Control, we pride ourselves on providing quality customer service and effective services for our community. We offer various pest control services to residential and commercial properties, including bed bug control, rodent control, and more. Read on to discover how our team at Pro Active Pest Control can help you get rid of oriental cockroaches by providing quality cockroach control.
How To Identify Oriental Cockroaches
Oriental cockroaches, also known as “waterbugs” or “black beetle cockroaches,” can be identified by their oval-shaped, smooth, and dark bodies. They typically will be found in damp and cool areas, grow up to an inch in length, and have six legs. While they do have wings on their body, these cockroaches (both male and female) are flightless. Additionally, their lifespan can range between a few weeks to a few months.
It’s important to note that these cockroaches usually cannot climb up smooth surfaces. Indoors, they usually gather in groups and search for dark, cool, and moist places. You may want to check damp basements, under sinks, and around washing machines, to list a few examples. If you’re searching outdoors, look around garbage cans, leaf piles, or ground covers.
The Dangers Oriental Cockroaches Can Bring Into Your Home
Oriental cockroaches can bring dangers into your home, and an infestation is no laughing matter. Here are some oriental cockroach facts that every Elk Grove homeowner should be aware of:
- The shed skin and droppings of oriental cockroaches can trigger allergies in children and adults, or asthma attacks in more severe cases.
- Oriental cockroaches can carry and spread bacteria, parasites, and more.
- The bacteria and parasites carried by these cockroaches can cause illness in your family if an oriental cockroach contaminates your food or utensils, or if anyone comes into contact with its feces.
- Oriental cockroaches bring a foul odor to your home.
While all types of cockroaches are frustrating to deal with and can pose dangers to your home, oriental cockroaches are one of the peskier types. For effective roach pest control, contact a local pest control company like Pro Active Pest Control for help.
Contact The Pros For Total Oriental Cockroach Eradication
If oriental cockroaches are keeping you up at night, our professional team at Pro Active Pest Control is here to help you and your family. We understand how incredibly stressful it can be to live in a cockroach-infested property. Dealing with pests often leaves homeowners distraught, especially those who don’t know where to begin when it comes to tackling the problem at hand. We will take it upon ourselves to ensure that all cockroaches have been exterminated from your Elk Grove home.
Here at Pro Active Pest Control, we’re dedicated to providing exceptional service to all our customers, and we pride ourselves on the quality of our work. Our pest specialists are highly trained, highly qualified, and will be happy to explain the services that they can offer you for your particular situation. For total oriental cockroach control, give us a call today.
Helpful Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations
If you’re wondering how to deter cockroaches on your own, after our dedicated team has exterminated existing oriental cockroaches, here are a few helpful tips:
- Fix any leaking sinks or pipes, since oriental cockroaches are drawn to moisture.
- Limit the pest’s access to water. Oriental cockroaches cannot survive long without it.
- Run a dehumidifier to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Vacuum regularly to remove any crumbs that may attract oriental cockroaches.
- Seal as many possible entry points as you can.
- Properly store all food in airtight containers or in the fridge, away from the reach of oriental cockroaches.
With these tips in hand and our professional pest control team at your side, you’ll be rid of oriental cockroaches in no time!