Termites, also known as “silent destroyers,” are one of the most destructive pests that can make their way into your home. If you believe you have a termite infestation, avoid using do-it-yourself treatments, as they are unlikely to work. For proper pest control in Lincoln, give us a call at Pro Active Pest Control. Together, we’ll ensure that your pesky termite problem is gone for good.
Easy-To-Spot Signs Of Termites
Termite identification can be tricky. It’s essential to know that there are a few different kinds of termites to look out for. Subterranean termites usually tend to build their nests in soil. As a result, these types of termites infest wood that is in direct contact with soil. Dampwood termites prefer to build their nests in moist wood. These termites are usually found in humid areas along the coast. Finally, drywood termites typically build their nests above ground. They can be found in dry wood such as us fences, dead tree limbs, lumber, and more.
Here are a few easy signs to spot termites in or around your home:
- Peeling paint
- Any walls that sound hollow
- Walls that appear to be discolored or drooping
- Squeaky floorboards
Contacting a professional, however, is the best way to know if your home is infested with termites. Check the pest’s antennae, wings, and waist to confirm whether you’re dealing with an ant or a termite. Termites are usually a cream or brown color, range between 1/4 of an inch and an inch long, and have long oval-shaped bodies. Unlike flying ants, termites have a straight waist, straight antennae, and wings that are equal in size.
Termites Can Destroy The Structural Integrity Of Your Home
Unfortunately, termites can cause thousands of dollars of damage to your home. These pests are notorious for destroying the structural integrity of properties. They can:
- Cause the appearance of water damage
- Give a maze-like appearance to wooden structures and furniture
- Create buckling in walls and ceilings
- Cause tunnels on the foundation of your home
- Cause ceilings and floors to collapse
- Ruin carpets and furniture
If termites have been found in your home, take action as soon as you possibly can before the condition of your home worsens.
Contact The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites
Termite removal is no easy feat. If you’re seeking effective termite control, turn to the seasoned experts at Pro Active Pest Control for the help that you need. Save the structural integrity of your home as soon as possible. Contact one of our dedicated team members for more information and to set up an appointment for an inspection. We promise to rid your home of termites and to do so with great work ethic, speed, expertise, and ease. Let us show you why we are the best termite control company for your Lincoln home!
Simple Tips To Prevent Future Termite Infestations In Your Home
If you’re wondering what measures you can implement to prevent future termite infestations, here are some key tips to take into consideration:
- Remove any piles of wood and untreated timber from your property.
- Try to choose termite-resistant wood for any structures that will touch the soil.
- Repair any defects in structural wood as soon as they appear.
- Provide proper ventilation to keep structures dry and eliminate any excess moisture.
- Remove any termite-infested trees.
- Always finish exterior wood using paint or sealants.
With these tips in mind, termites should be less attracted to your Lincoln home.