Did you know that cockroaches are some of the most dangerous pests in the area? Cockroaches in Gilbert are an intensely disliked pest because they are associated with filth and decay, but don't underestimate how many issues these pests cause.
Cockroaches are some of the most invasive pests and can spread many diseases. It's beneficial to prevent cockroaches before they become a sizeable problem. Read on to learn how to avoid and remove cockroaches permanently and how Pro Active Pest Control can be the answer for your home or business.
How To Identify Cockroaches In Gilbert
There are around 4,500 species of cockroaches in the world, but you only need to know about the three most prevalent species in Arizona:
- German Cockroaches: This species is the most likely to invade inside of homes. They are light brown and have two black stripes that run parallel behind their heads. German cockroaches are on the smaller side at around ½ an inch long.
- American Cockroaches: These roaches can get up to three inches long and are reddish-brown. They are the largest cockroach species in the United States but not quite as common as German roaches.
- Oriental Cockroaches: While they usually live outdoors, oriental cockroaches will get inside in search of a humid environment. They are a jet black color and look similar to beetles.
If you suspect you have an infestation of any of these species, it's vital to call Gilbert cockroach control services immediately to reduce the risk of a health problem.
Why Are Cockroaches In Gilbert Dangerous?
A cockroach infestation comes with many risks, and you should take it seriously. They crawl through unsanitary places picking up pathogens and bacteria on their legs. Cockroaches can transmit dozens of diseases, including salmonellosis, dysentery, and gastroenteritis. An infestation may not always make you sick, but cockroaches will get into food sources and contaminate them. Anything they touch will need to be sanitized or discarded.
Cockroaches are dangerous and are one of the most prolific pests. They can survive on small food crumbs and breed quickly, so it is impossible to keep their numbers under control without intervention. For these reasons, professional Gilbert pest control services are the best way to protect your property.
Should You Call Pest Control To Get Rid Of Roaches In Gilbert?
Once cockroaches are inside your house, most DIY cockroach control methods aren't going to work. These roaches are resistant to many pesticides and can hide in so many cracks and crevices throughout your house. The best way to stop these infestations in their tracks is with the assistance of Pro Active Pest Control and our experienced technicians.
How To Keep Roaches From Coming Back In Gilbert
While our team at Pro Active Pest Control can eradicate cockroaches and keep them from returning, we also suggest taking a few steps on your own to prevent cockroaches, such as:
- Wiping up food and drink spills as quickly as possible.
- Cleaning kitchen areas often by doing dirty dishes and mopping floors.
- Repairing leaky faucets and pipes.
- Placing lids on your trash cans.
- Installing door sweeps and weather stripping.
- Fixing ripped or torn screens in doors and windows.
- Storing food, including pet food, in sealed containers inside your house.
Contact our Pro Active Pest Control team today for more cockroach removal and prevention tips.