Ants are incredibly organized and resourceful creatures that can become a major nuisance for homeowners if left to establish their massive-sized colonies. Depending on the ant species, these pests can cause property damage or even inflict physical harm. And the longer an infestation rages on, the harder it is to eliminate it completely. That’s why enlisting the services of specialists who provide ant pest control is essential.
Thankfully, Pro Active Pest Control provides the most reliable and effective commercial and residential pest control to wipe out ants. We also deliver advanced rodent control, bed bug control, and more. Our team puts the health and safety of you and your family first by offering environmentally friendly and green pest control services.
Whether you're dealing with a current infestation or want to take preventive measures to keep ants out of your home, continue reading to learn how professionals with Elk Grove pest control can keep your property ant-free on a consistent basis.
How To Identify Common Ants In Elk Grove
Just when you thought you had your property all to yourself, here come ants infiltrating your space and wreaking havoc on your structures, safety, and sanity. Here in Elk Grove, multiple ant species brusquely barge into the homes and businesses of residents, which include:
- Carpenter ants: These ants are larger than most other ant species, measuring up to half an inch in length. They are usually black or reddish-black in color and chew away wood to build their nests.
- Odorous house ants: These small ants are dark brown to black in color and emit a rotten coconut-like odor when crushed. They can be found around the pantry and kitchen areas of homes where food is plentiful.
- Pavement ants: These small ants measure around 1/8 of an inch in length and have a dark brown or black color. They typically establish colonies in pavement or other hard surfaces near homes and other types of buildings.
- Fire ants: These ants are small between 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch in length. Their coloring can range from reddish-brown to reddish-black. They’re known for their extremely aggressive behavior and venomous stinger.
- Argentine ants: These ants are light to dark brown in color and are small, measuring about 1/6 to 1/4 of an inch in length. They normally construct large colonies and can be found in a variety of habitats, including homes and gardens.
If you’re unsure what species of ants have trespassed onto your property, it's best to contact a reputable home pest control service to identify ants and provide appropriate treatment. Give Pro Active Pest Control a call today to request an inspection.
Are House Ants Typically Dangerous?
House ants, which can include species such as pavement ants or sugar ants, are not typically considered dangerous to humans. They’re mainly nuisance pests that intrude into structures in search of food and nesting sites. They can be challenging to eradicate once they’ve established a colony. These insects can cause damage to structures by burrowing into walls and foundations, and they can also contaminate food.
Fortunately, ants in Elk Grove aren’t known to carry or transmit diseases, but they can still cause issues for people allergic to their venom. If you notice any adverse reactions, seek medical attention from your healthcare provider. Also, make it a priority to get rid of them as soon as possible by contacting pest professionals qualified in ant pest control near you.
Will An Ant Infestation Go Away On Its Own?
Ant infestations never go away on their own. Their highly adaptable nature allows them to rapidly establish colonies in different environments, including your home or office. They will work tirelessly to gather food and expand their territory. By this point, only experts in commercial and home pest control for ants can handle the situation successfully. Reach out to Pro Active Pest Control at the first sign of an issue before it gets worse.
Professional Assistance Is Key To Total Ant Control
If you want to live and work in an ant-free environment, count on our pest specialists. We have access to a wide range of tools and techniques to obliterate ant infestations, as well as provide ant prevention tips to prevent future outbreaks. At Pro Active Pest Control, we deliver advanced ant control solutions to keep your property pest-free year-round. Reach out to us today so we can help restore your good quality of living.